Location: San Jose, CA
Team Size: 19
Our client is an enterprise B2B Application Delivery Networking company that provide solutions to strengthen the security, performance, and availability of business infrastructure including applications, servers, and data centers. Their technological focus has been to make apps faster, smarter and safer from anywhere.
This Product Development organization is responsible for collaborating and ultimately executing the vision of the company. They build the products and services that determine where our client focuses its technological innovation efforts, and which markets it competes in. The PD organization has been working through a digital transformation from their current product line to a cloud-based service model using the most current technology standards.
This team is responsible for much of the Product Development operations, frameworks and infrastructure. This includes product/software quality assurance and testing, telemetry and data mining, and DevOps functions.
The Sr. Scrum Master plays a key role in helping accelerate and develop well-functioning multiple Agile teams by facilitating daily Scrums, backlog refinement, identification of risks and ensuring teams are communicating with each other and enabled to own their commitments. Successful Sr. Scrum Masters demonstrate the ability to help the teams develop clear objectives, communicate and clear barriers and focus on delivering customer value. In this Agile Delivery position, your role as a Sr. Scrum Master, coach, and practitioner will require you to apply Agile values and principles to ensure Scrum best practices are followed.
The Sr. Scrum Master demonstrates unique skills in leadership, analysis, critical thinking, conflict management and risk management. The focus of the assigned projects is on innovating, developing and delivering new products in alignment with the Product Development Group product portfolio. The Sr Scrum Master must be able to work with and support teams of engineering resources and managers to coordinate various technical projects. The primary role of this team member is to plan, organize, communicate and solve problems related to the assigned projects.
- Design, build and maintain program road maps including scope, schedule, and risk management.
- Manage the gathering of product requirements and project scope in a holistic manner across multiple teams or business functions.
- Support, and sometimes facilitate, scaled agile framework big room planning.
- Conduct team level agility maturity assessments and implement those practices.
- Guide and coach the teams on Scrum and Agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint.
- Represent teams in Scrum-of-Scrums and Release and milestone planning to ensure all teams are aligned.
- Coach teams to improve in sprint velocity.
- Drive collaboration and partnership between Product Development and Product Management.
- Establish strong working relationship with partner teams across the organization to identify dependencies and align priorities and deliverables.
- Communicate status, barriers and risks to the stakeholders – create and measure teams according to metrics established by the team.
- Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions.
- Identify resources constraints or needs – when additional resources (HW, technical or human) are needed remove impediments and distractions from the team.
- Facilitate and organize Scrum ceremonies – help the team focus on goals, self-organize to achieve objectives, and ensure they fully understand the objectives and commitments.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with teams by implementing take-aways from retrospectives and implementing concrete solutions to make the teams more efficient and improve delivery success.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to ensure they are well engaged with the team and part of the regular feedback loop.
- Capture, track and manage tasks, scope, schedule and related to the project.
- Organize and conduct meetings then document decisions and actions to move project forward.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with global teams with an ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executives.
- Ability to design and document a project charter that includes scope, schedule, and risk management plan.
- Able to apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions, build resource forecasts or manage risk.
- Ability to use Agile methods to manage projects which may comprise both software and hardware.
- initiative and apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions or manage risk
- Ability to demonstrate servant leadership.
- Knowledge and experience of using tools such as JIRA and Confluence a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD deployment of cloud solutions a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex software project and managing risk for scope and schedule.
- Experience working cross-functionality and cross-organizationally to align dependencies and deliverables.
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program.
- Ability to organize and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals.
- BSEE, BSCS or other Engineering Technology collegiate degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in large scale SAFe and Agile environments delivering products or services.
- Desired Leading or implementing SAFe certification with accompanying experience managing projects to a successful conclusion.
- Desired Agile Scrum Master certification.
- Experience working across a geo-dispersed product or service team.
- Experience working in a product or service environment with multiple scrum team and delivering in short intervals.
- Technology product development experience is highly desired.